As a new student entering LSU, Experience LSU has designed a required new student orientation program to give you an opportunity to learn more about LSU, meet your fellow classmates, and schedule classes. We believe that success during your first semester will set the tone for your future.
This program is designed for all new freshmen who enter in the Summer. The program provides an overview of the University and helps you schedule classes. Here are the main components of this program:
- Special interest sessions to enlighten you about LSU’s services and resources
- A meeting with representatives from your Senior College to learn about your curriculum
- Assistance with planning your first semester of coursework
- Class scheduling for your first semester
Orientation Date: May 30, 2018
You will need your PAWS Username and password to register for orientation through myLSU. You should have received your PAWS Username and Password when you applied for admission to the University.
Registration Deadline: May 24, 2018
Orientation Cost: $140
If you pay by credit card, a 2.5 percent non-refundable processing fee will be added to your total.
If you need to cancel your reservation & request a refund, please provide us with a written cancellation notice by emailing us at email@example.com. Refund requests must be received prior to May 9. Refunds will not be granted after this date.
If you have family members who are interested in registering for orientation as well, this should be indicated at the same time you complete your orientation registration. Family members will be able to:
- Tour the Residence Hall where your student will be living
- Learn how meal plans and TigerCASH work
- Be in the know about financial aid and scholarships
- Meet other LSU parents and hear firsthand the advice they have for incoming families
- Learn how to join the Family Association and about the events offered for families throughout the year!
Family Orientation Cost: $50
*Please note: Family Orientation is a separate program from the student orientation program. While family members and students will separate for part of the program, they will also have the opportunity to attend select sessions together.