§ 307. Delegation and Revocation of Purchasing Authority to Departments
Chapter 5 Competitive Solicitations
- Invitation to Bid (ITB)
- Request for Proposals (RFP)
- Request for Quotation (RFQ)
- Request for Quote and Qualification (RFQQ)
- Competitive Reverse Auction (CRA) - Not currently utilized
- Solicitation for Offers (SFO)
- Cooperative Buying Organizations (CBO)
B. Other Procurement Methods
- Information Technology
- Professional Services
- Specialty Services
§525. Exceptions to the Competitive Solicitation Process
- Emergency Procurements
- Cooperative Purchasing Agreements
Procurement Code Policies & Procedures
University policy, state law or Federal statute as well as purchasing best practices described in these policies & procedures shall govern the purchasing process. These policies & procedures apply to the following campuses: LSU and A&M College, the Paul M. Hebert Law Center, the LSU Agricultural Center, LSU at Alexandria, LSU Eunice, LSU Shreveport and Pennington Biomedical Research Center.
Policies provides a summation of the approved course or method of action to be taken for a particular subject matter (Why and When).
Procedures provides an overview of the steps and identifies the parties involved in an approved process (What and Who).
Tasks provides a list of steps to be taken by an individual participating in an approved process (How).
Forms collect detailed information required to properly identify the need/purchase.
Policies & Procedures as well as subsequent Tasks and Forms are specifically numbered to tie to the applicable section in the Procurement Code.
The documents are prefixed with the below abbreviation:
An example of the numbering mechanism is:
- POL-U501 ties to section 501 of the Procurement Code which is titled Types of Competitive Methods
- PRO-U501A.01 ties to section 501.A.01 which is specific to Invitation To Bid
|FRM-U307.C: Procurement Noncompliance|
|FRM-U501.A.03.A: Request for Quotation|
|FRM-U501.A.03.B: Quotation Tabulation|
|FRM-U501.B.1: Sole Source Justification|
|FRM-U525.A.25: Used Equipment Justification|